Westbrook ME


How can I apply for General Assistance?

To apply for General Assistance, call 854-0676 to schedule an  appointment. Phone calls are returned in the order in which they are  received. Each person needs to complete an application in order to  determine eligibility. Appointments are required. Office hours are  Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. until 2  p.m.

Where do I pay the Excise Tax?

Excise Tax is paid at the local town office where the owner of the  vehicle resides. When a vehicle needs to be registered, an excise tax is  collected prior to the registration.

How do I get copies of a Police or Accident Report?

To get copies of an accident report, please visit the Maine Crash Reporting website or the Buy Crash - Lexis Nexis website to obtain a copy of a report.

To get copies of a Police report, please fill out the Police Department Records Request Form (DOC). The form is available in the lobby of the Public Safety Building or online available for download and printing, Police Department Records Request Form (DOC). The request forms can be dropped off at the Public Safety Building or mailed to the Westbrook Police Department, addressed to the Records Administrator. There are fees associated with purchasing a report - please see the request form for the amount. Payment is due before any reports can be released, and checks should be made out to the City of Westbrook. If you are requesting a copy of report that is in the court system, we cannot provide that to you. You will need to go through the discovery process with the District Attorney's Office.

What is the City's Fireworks Ordinance?

Fireworks are prohibited in the City of Westbrook, except for on December 31, July 4 and July 5. Fireworks are allowed on December 31 and July 4 from 9 a.m. until 12:30 a.m. the following day (January 1 and July 5). Fireworks are allowed on July 5 from 9 a.m. until 10 p.m. (If July 5 falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the end time is 12:30 a.m. on July 6). To use fireworks on those three days, you must obtain a fireworks permit from the City. You can obtain these at the Public Safety Building for $10.