State law requires you to license your dog by December 31st each year. The license fee is $6.00 for a neutered/spayed dog and $11.00 for an unaltered dog. You may license your dog in person at the Clerk's office or online between October 15 and January 31 without incurring a $25 late fee. Please have your dog's current rabies vaccination certificate ready at the time of licensing.
All dogs need to be licensed upon reaching the age of 6 months in the town where it resides. Or after the dog has been with the family for 10 days, if adopted.
Dog licensing fees support:
- Local Animal Control Officers and State Humane Agents
- Investigation of animal cruelty complaints and enforcement of animal welfare laws
- Compliance with rabies vaccination of dogs
- Care for sick and injured stray animals
- Return of lost dogs to their owners