Home Occupation for Businesses


Owners of businesses intending to operate out of their home in Westbrook must complete a Home Occupation Registration application. This allows the Code Enforcement Department to confirm that the business is compliant with all local zoning regulations. In addition, Home Occupation business owners may also be required to obtain a Certificate of Sole Proprietorship or Corporate Ownership (also known as a DBA for "doing business as") from the City Clerk's Office in accordance with 31 M.R.S.A. Section 2. 

Since these two forms are most commonly completed together, Code Enforcement & the Clerk's Office have created the information packet included below with all relevant applications and additional information. 

For questions about Home Occupation, please contact Code Enforcement at 207-854-0638 or code@westbrook.me.us
For questions about DBAs, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 207-854-8131 or clerk@westbrook.me.us

Application Packet