Elections & Voting
There are approximately 15,000 registered voters in the City of Westbrook. Our municipality is divided into five Wards, two State Senate Districts (26 & 27) and three State Representative Districts (126, 127 & 128). Each municipal Ward has a designated City Councilor and School Committee Member. In addition, the City Council and School Committee each have two At-Large positions tasked with representing the municipality as a whole.
The Westbrook Community Center (426 Bridge Street) is the sole polling location for all Westbrook voters. Polls are open each Election Day from 6am - 8pm.
Absentee voting is a convenient alternative to voting in-person on Election Day, allowing voters to obtain and vote their ballots either by mail or at City Hall prior to each Election Day. Please note that all absentee ballots must be returned to City Hall by 8pm on Election Day to be counted.
Election Dates & Important Deadlines
There are three elections slated for 2024, as follows:
- March 5, 2024 - Presidential Primary
- June 11, 2024 - State Primaries & Municipal School Budget Validation Referendum
- November 5, 2024 - General Election & Municipal Election
Visit "Upcoming Election Information" for additional details, including important dates and deadlines for Westbrook voters.
Register to Vote
To register to vote in the City of Westbrook, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of the United States
- You must be a resident of the City of Westbrook
- You must be 18 years of age. A 17 year-old may register to vote and may participate in a primary election or municipal caucus if they will be 18 by the date of the General Election. A 16 year-old may pre-register to vote, but may not participate in any election.
You may register to vote in person at City Hall, by mail or at the polls on Election Day. You may be asked to provide proof of identity (such as your Maine Driver's License, State ID or the last four digits of our Social Security Number) and/or proof of your Westbrook residency (such as your Maine Driver's License showing your current Westbrook address, or a utility bill) to complete your voter registration record. For additional information, please contact 207-591-8116.