This citizen led organization helps Westbrook balance its interest in environmental stewardship and economic development.
Westbrook WEIC Board of Directors:
|Steve Noyes||Warren Lain|
|Peter Green||Victor Chau|
|John O'Hara||Rob Mitchell|
|Margaret Innes||Mike Dobkowski|
|Drew Gattine||Mayor Mike Sanphy|
|Guy Cote||John O'Hara|
The WEIC mission, values, vision and a list of its current members:
ARTICLE III. – Mission, Values, Vision
- To identify, protect, preserve and improve environmental resources within the City of Westbrook;
- To balance the goal of environmental stewardship with responsible economic development within the City of Westbrook;
- To capture and administer financial resources allocated to environmental protection and responsible economic development in cooperation with the City Administration and the City Council for the benefit of Westbrook taxpayers.
- We value a clean environment where our land, air and water are protected
- We value responsible economic development that balances environmental concerns with the economic vitality of our community
- We value the diversity of our Board and the points of view represented by each of the constituencies represented
- We value team work and working collaboratively with the Administration, City Council, residents and the business community to make Westbrook a healthy, attractive and vibrant community
- Westbrook becoming a “drive to”, rather than a “drive through” community
- Westbrook competing regionally and statewide in terms of its natural environment, business environment, Image and quality of life.
- Westbrook demonstrating that a healthy environment and a strong economy can co-exist
- Westbrook demonstrating that responsible stewardship of our natural resources will help ensure a sustainable economy for future generations.
ARTICLE IV. – Board of Directors
Sec. 1 – The Corporation shall be managed by a Board of Directors consisting of eleven (11) members as follows:
One person representing a City TIF District, nominated by the Mayor of Westbrook and approved by the Westbrook City Council;
The Mayor of Westbrook WEIC Director/Mayor Mike Sanphy
Representing the Office of the Mayor
One person recommended by the Westbrook Recreation & Conservation Commission and approved by the Westbrook City Council;
Two councilors nominated by the President of the Westbrook City Council and approved by the Council
Three representatives of the general public nominated by the Mayor of Westbrook and approved by the Westbrook City Council.
Sec. 2 – The two Council Directors and Mayor shall be elected to terms concurrent with their offices. The remaining eight directors shall serve (4) year terms staggered so that not more than four (4) members normally expire in any one year.View Current and Past WEIC Projects