Westbrook Human Resources Department
The Human Resources Department is a shared service between the City of Westbrook and Westbrook School Department. Department staff plan and coordinate a variety of human resources functions and initiatives for 750+ employees including: employee relations efforts; staff planning; recruitment and selection; risk management; worker’s compensation administration; policy review and revision; state and federal employment compliance; staff training and organizational development; employee benefits administration; compensation and job analysis; grievance resolution; labor negotiations and contract administration; and employee safety and wellness.
Acting as management advisors and employee advocates, HR staff adds value to the organization by enhancing business objectives and maintaining a work environment that:
- Supports the needs and servicing of employees, their families and our citizens.
- Maintains high standards of integrity and ethics in the fair and equitable treatment of all employees.
- Facilitates continuous learning, as well as professional and personal growth and development through ongoing internal and external training/education.
- Promotes health, safety and overall wellness of employees through a variety of programs.
- Builds trust among all employees by communicating well and utilizing a collaborative style of management and problem-solving whenever possible.
- Adopts the use of emerging technology and methods to increase efficiency, productivity, and cost-effectiveness
- Manages liability successfully through compliance with all state and federal standards.