Request an Absentee Ballot
Voters may submit a request for an absentee ballot to be mailed to them as early as March 15, 2022, using one of the following methods:
- Request Online - The State of Maine provides an online platform to request your absentee ballot, and to track the status of your request.
- Request by Phone - Westbrook residents may call the City Clerk's Office at 207-591-8116 to request an absentee ballot.
- Request by Mail - Complete this application and submit it to the City Clerk's Office to have an absentee ballot mailed to you. You may also use this form if an immediate family members wishes to submit the ballot order on your behalf, or if you wish to designate a third person to pick up a ballot for you.
Voting an Absentee Ballot at City Hall
Absentee ballots for the June 14, 2022 State Primary & Municipal School Budget Validation Referendum are now available.
The deadline to request an absentee ballot is close of business on Thursday, June 9, 2022. Absentee ballot requests submitted after this date may be accepted only if the voter qualifies under certain special circumstances.
Absentee ballots must be returned to the City Clerk's Office by 8pm on Tuesday, June 14, 2021 (Election Day), coinciding with the close of the polls.
Returning Your Ballot
Absentee ballots may be returned to the City Clerk's Office as follows:
- Secure Absentee Ballot Drop Box. Place the sealed ballot envelope in the secure official absentee ballot drop box located outside the front doors of City Hall (2 York Street). This box is checked multiple times a day throughout the election season.
- City Clerk's Office. Deliver the sealed ballot envelope directly to the City Clerk's Office inside City Hall.
- By mail. If returning your ballot by mail, we suggest mailing it no later than 1 week prior to the election, to ensure that it is received by 8pm on Election Day.